Find the perfect homeowners policy for your needs


An individual’s home is the single most valuable asset they will purchase during their lifetime. Of course, insuring something as valuable as your home/condo can be a difficult process. It can be very complicated, in order to find the right coverage for an individual’s needs. Below is a simple explanation of basic coverage all/most insurance companies in Florida offer. Like all of our products, we recommend talking to a licensed agent. There is no cost to speak to one of our agents. This is often the best way to find the most appropriate coverage that fits homeowners specific needs.

Need Mortgage Protection Insurance? Click Here



Property coverage helps pay for damage caused by covered perils to your home, the contents of your home and other personal belongings owned by you or family members who live with you. In some cases, it helps pay for damage to other structures, such as tool sheds, detached garages, small boats, guest houses and their contents. Your insurance agent or company can point out the items covered in a given policy.

This coverage protects you against a claim or lawsuit resulting from (non-auto) bodily injury or property damage to others. For example, if a neighbor slips and falls in your house and sues you, and a jury finds you legally liable, this coverage would pay that claim plus legal fees up to the policy limits. This coverage applies to you and all family members who live with you. It does not cover intentional damage or harm caused by you or family members who live with you. Check your policy for exclusions and discuss them with your agent.


Homeowners’ policies provide Additional Living Expense coverage that will pay some extra expenses if damage to your home prevents you from living there while it is being repaired. Most policies also will provide this coverage when a civil authority (law enforcement agency, emergency management service, etc.) prohibits the use of a residence or access to a residence due to direct damage to neighboring homes by a covered threat.

Regardless of fault, this coverage pays for medical expenses, up to the medical payment limits, of persons accidentally injured at your home. It does not apply to your injuries or those of anyone living with you, or to activities involving an at-home business.


Sinkholes & Catastrophic Ground Collapse

Florida insurance companies are not required to automatically sinkhole coverage on new or existing homeowners’ insurance policies. However, they are required to inform homeowners that sinkhole coverage is available for an additional premium.

  • Insurance companies must include “catastrophic ground cover collapse” which means: The abrupt collapse of the ground cover;
  • A depression in the ground cover clearly visible to the naked eye;
  • Structural damage to the building, including the foundation; and
  • The insured structure being condemned and ordered to be vacated by the governmental agency authorized by law to issue such an order for that structure.

A policyholder can purchase many endorsements such as Replacement Cost vs Actual Cash Value, Water Back/ Sump Overflow, Ordinance & Law Coverage, and many other options. However, please keep in mind not every insurance company offers the same enhanced endorsements. Finding the right coverage for your property can be quite difficult, which is why we recommend contacting a knowledgeable, licensed insurance agent at 754-263-2160.

When purchasing a Condo or Mobile-home insurance policy. The same rule will apply. Please remember a licensed insurance agent is just a phone call away at All American Insurance Consultants. Read Homeowners Insurance FAQ’s

Please note the description of coverage is not the property of All American Insurance Consultants.
This is a universal description set forth by the State of Florida. More details can be found at Auto tool kit issue of 2015.